Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Make my own? Maybe. But how? I haven

HACCP exam, Gaëtan Paris’s buffet, and internship | Life as a pastry newbie
We have a month left here at ENSP and with that our theory classes are winding down. We had our last HACCP class yesterday and with that we also had our HACCP exam. The exam was easy and since I studied, I can actually now tell you what HACCP stands for – Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point. It’s basically workplace hygiene, security and
We might also have had our last food technology class this week too. There was a mess up in scheduling so now they don’t have anything scheduled for us for Monday. We can’t have lab because all the labs are being occupied. The Johnson & Wales students (an American University that has a two month program here at the ENSP) is taking over our lab on Monday and Tuesday because they bring in more guaranteed money to the school. As with all things, its all about the money these days. The worse part is that they don’t tell us in advance. We were only notified of the scheduling conflict today (wednesday) lobster buffet in orlando and won’t find out for sure until Friday if we have class Monday and Tuesday lobster buffet in orlando or not. It sure makes it hard to plan. We could’ve have planned a weekend out of town otherwise.
We didn’t have a special demo today which was sad, because the Chef this week was Gaëtan Paris, a MOF that does beautiful breads and viennoiseries. I LOVE breads and viennoiseries!! Love Love Love! I was in a fairytale land today when we went to his buffet. Everything was so beautiful I just wanted to eat it all! Here are some pictures:
Sad to say, I didn’t get to taste any of these treats. I refer to these as treats because I enjoy them more than the typical sweet desserts – cakes, chocolate, etc. I could eat them everyday if I could burn off the calories easily, but with the lack of exercise apart from walking to and from school and standing for 7 hours in the lab, it is a constant battle – I’m trying to watch my carbs and fat but at that same time, I’m in France! When else would I be able to eat such great bread and viennoiseries?! What am I going to do when I return?
Make my own? Maybe. But how? I haven’t learnt much bread. We do a lot of viennoiseries lobster buffet in orlando but not much bread. So, when we were asked what type of internship we wanted to do, I eagerly said boulangerie patisserie lobster buffet in orlando and mention a guy who is well known for breads. And guess what? Chef hooked me up! I was so excited when I found out. He has multiple locations in Paris as well as all around the world, but I chose the Lyon branch just because Paris is such an expensive city to live in. I went to visit the location and the head baker and manager there was soooo nice! AND, it gets even better…. he speaks English! Now I don’t have to stress so much about my French. It was really stressing me out before.
Oh wow E, that was easy!!:-) Congrats on getting the internship sorted out…how long will it be for? Lemme know when you need a spa treatment- I have the brochure for that nice historic one in Lyon ;-)
Notify me of follow-up comments via email.
Archive August 2011 July 2011 June 2011 May 2011 April 2011 March 2011 February 2011 January 2011 December 2010 November 2010 October 2010 Categories Frenchness Internship/Stage Life in France Patisseries and Boulangeries Random stuff School Travel Uncategorized lobster buffet in orlando Search
Sorry, your blog cannot share posts by email.
%d bloggers like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment