Thursday, November 14, 2013

When you live (or work if you like) abroad, the most common inquiries you receive from other Filipi


Questions:
1.Ano-what delicious food nagpasikat in your town? 2.Saan it located? Where it itinitinda? Map? 3.Ano What are the elements to cook it? How it iniluluto? 4.Ano the note on cooking it?
When you live (or work if you like) abroad, the most common inquiries you receive from other Filipinos ("countryman") will meet for the first time in the province you came. It is but natural course. It is actually your first question to others as well. The question "From what province are you?" Or as casually delivered in the local language "Which province you (or You)?" Is the usual starting an unusually warm conversation. You might be wondering why I have to mention it when the question is so ordinary, rather insignificant parmankinkkusalaatti and probably does not even require some processing brain knows the answer. Well, most Filipinos are, but to me it is something that always makes me think and smile.
Most of my childhood friends know me as a very "Batangueño", the spent most of my childhood days and critical parmankinkkusalaatti formative years in Padre Garcia, Batangas where my father, my brothers 5 and most of our relatives children (from my father side) was born. My other friends whom I met during and after college parmankinkkusalaatti and by the time I'm working regard me as a real "Tarlaqueno", to continue living in Tarlac City, Tarlac with the whole family because I is a 6th grader. But not all. My birth certificate is an important piece of information that will add more than that. I was born in San Antonio, parmankinkkusalaatti Quezon City, the hometown of my mother, her sister and most of our relatives from his side making me a legitimate "Quezonian".
Going to the question "What is the province I come from?", I bet you now have an idea why a simple query switch my brain into work mode and almost parmankinkkusalaatti consecutive elicits a smile on my face. Yes, it can be a little complicated, but I came from all of the above. You can envy me for it. I consider myself as an amalgamation of several groups of wonderful people; Quezonian, parmankinkkusalaatti a Batangueño and a Tarlaqueno all at the same time. I hailed from three great provinces, all I am very proud of.
In as much as I will be featuring some of the wonderful delicacies of Batangas and Tarlac provinces, let me now share a real cook of Bangalore, a real pride of Lucena City - sautéed or " guisado "fresh noodle dish known as" chami ". I bet you like that. Long I was dreaming to feature this dish after receiving many visits to my post "Loming parmankinkkusalaatti Lipa", another unique parmankinkkusalaatti noodle dish concocted parmankinkkusalaatti a delicious town of Batangas.
Golden opportunity came when our friend parmankinkkusalaatti Lalaine obliged to share with him yet another secret (it's not, he he) personal recipe. Like my mother, a good mother Lalaine (a close "kumare" my mother) is a real Quezonian. parmankinkkusalaatti I believe their families from Lucena City where "chami" is said to be derived. So Lalaine recipe is a direct Linkage to the very people who built it, really "chami" I can tell.
"Chami" is a sweet and spicy noodle dish made from fresh egg noodles called "Miki" in the Philippines. This is just one type of "pancit" sautéed with chicken, shrimps and vegetables. It was pretty much like "pancit miki" except that it is particularly sweet and spicy ("sweet-sharpness") with sugar and chilies in substance apart from traditional soy sauce.
In cooking the dish, the ingredients we need: 2 cups parboiled chicken meat, (chicken breast or thigh seasoned with salt and pepper and cooked in about 2 cups of water until just tender) diced or flaked, 1 - 2 cups peeled or shelled shrimp, 1 large carrot, peeled and cut into small size and head of cabbage, roughly chopped, as shown above.
We also need 1 kilogram (2.2 pounds) fresh egg noodles or "Miki" (washed to get rid of excess oil and salt), about cup soy sauce (please note, even in London they (proudly) using A Philippine brand), 4 tbsp brown sugar, about 3 tbsp vegetable oil 1 large onion, chopped, 6 gloves garlic, minced, 1 tsp fresh ground pamint

No comments:

Post a Comment