Friday, November 22, 2013

Once inside I go to the eighth floor. There I can use the free wifi while I take a hot-re-warm choc

El Expreso the Norwegian coast
The scenery amazes me and fascinates me. Me I can spend hours looking through the huge window that separates me from the cold it is outside. It's like being a spectator of a nature documentary. Best of all is that this time I do not dream of the day when travel to that place and I know for myself. This time, I'm the star of this trip.
After a while I decide. I placed the necessary layers of clothing, one above the other, and I encourage you to go on deck. It is cold, yes. But feel the cool wind hits my face (or the small piece I have uncovered between the hat and scarf), I love it. It makes me feel good. In full contact with the world.
I carry my camera, eternal companion in this and all trips. Start shooting nonstop. The landscape is quite similar to that already seen yesterday and I took lots of pictures. But it's so awesome that I feel I have to do more and more. As if it depended on the memory will never be erased. Because it would be a crime to forget this show.
I am aboard the Trollfjord, one of the ships of the Hurtigruten company that make the journey from the coast of Norway from Bergen to Kirkenes, a small town on the border with Russia. In all these boats take twelve days to make the round trip from south to north or north to south, according to choice. But every day there is a boat that goes in the same direction. We have raised in Trondheim, the third largest city in Norway. This is the eighth of the 35 stops of the ship to its final destination. I'm sure the best is yet to come.
Now, looking back fall colors reflected in the fjords, I go to arrange morning I spent in Trondheim before boarding. It seems that was weeks ago and have only been a few days. There I not only surprised golden corral prices for lunch buffet the colors of the trees. Also those of its wooden houses, located along the canals, were worthy of a fairy tale. Loved. As I also loved his cathedral, Nidaros, the largest in Scandinavia. I found the most beautiful facade of religious building I have seen.
I go back inside the ship. The hands are freezing me and I feel like a little heat. Before getting my attention the laughter coming from the highest golden corral prices for lunch buffet area on deck. A group of young people laughing and having fun in the jacuzzi. A joy that being immersed in hot water with outdoor temperatures as low we are feeling the rest!
Once inside I go to the eighth floor. There I can use the free wifi while I take a hot-re-warm chocolate. I still enjoy the stunning views. It's amazing how occasionally, fjords, small colorful houses are sighted. Who will live in them and how many generations will have done for years and years. How will their lives in this remote part of the planet. I guess sometimes the only relation golden corral prices for lunch buffet to human life that have all day is the view of the boats, the company Hurtigruten, when daily passes in front of their houses.
I'm thinking and I realize how hard it must have been in the past, when the roads were not in the conditions in which they are today, golden corral prices for lunch buffet and the only way to get here was by sea. Especially during the winter time, when everything was snowing and connections were even more difficult.
That's when I remember the story. Hurtigruten arises precisely from this fact. 120 years ago that "Expreso de la Costa", golden corral prices for lunch buffet as it is known normally carried on this route. It started as a challenge. In 1891 the Norwegian Government decided to offer the grant of a regular shipping golden corral prices for lunch buffet service to the north coast of Norway, from the Arctic Circle, a company dedicated to it. Only Hurtigruten accepted this proposal golden corral prices for lunch buffet and decided to try navigating a sea of mapping that barely existed at the time and where there was almost headlights. He became the carrier of the mail, it had taken months to date to arrive at your destination. Today, boats are a detail more fully included in the Norwegian landscape.
While I take the hot chocolate I start reviewing the pictures I've been making these days in the screen of my camera. It's funny one in particular. I made a few days in Svolv AER during a brief stop an hour ago in the port. This is what happens when you travel with Hurtigruten. The boat makes its way and we took advantage. Some stops are 10 minutes. Further, several hours. It is at these times when we have the opportunity to tour and learn a little more about the place. In Svolvær took advantage of it, though it was dark. And we were able to visit their

No comments:

Post a Comment